This is a ritual that has been many times modified and used all over. However this particular one and version is used to Initiate yourself in the world of magick with a focus on the elements and using them to the full extent of yourself. I implore one to take as much time as needed to think about all of this and if it is right for them and to put as much thought into the ritual itself and into doing it as near perfect as possible.
Once the ritual is complete there is a Elemental Magic Group to come and learn and grow and converse.
The Ritual is as Follows:
1. Pick the date.
2. Pick the time.
3. Choose your magickal name
4. Candles chosen based on the colors of your element (fire would be like yellow, red, orange, with one white at the “point”.) Your element is the one you feel is the one that you work with best.
5. The items you wish to bring with you into the ritual area. Stuff like a color, totem, or stuff that is special or important to you.
6. Make a list of what you want. It could be simple stuff like money or fame, or stuff like abilities like inner sight, telepathy, etc.
7. Your magickal name should stand and help you find and achieve the following traits/strengths that you decide, be it courage, survival, control etc.
8. Learn about the four elements and be prepared to call upon them during ritual.
Use the candles in a circle, large enough to sit in, move around in and not burn yourself or the items brought with you. The white candle would be placed on the North, and and when you’re seated, behind you, last. Place the items you have chosen in the circle. They should be in front of you when you finally enter it at the beginning of the ritual.
Take the white candle and light it. Use it to light the candles in a clockwise fashion from the outside. Once at the last candle, move to the spot where the white candle will be in and draw a door in the air, open it, step in, close it and sit the white candle down then seat yourself in the middle.
Say: The circle is cast and we are between worlds Beyond the bounds of time Where night and day, birth and death, joy and sorrow, meet as one.
Then say: I align myself with these elements and powers, the four elements, I call upon thee to join me in this circle. Once you feel they have answered/come : In this night, in this hour, I (magickal name here) call upon the ancient powers of the elements I have come this night to reaffirm my true self. Henceforth from this night I will be (your magickal name) and shall honor and respect my place in the universe and live up to my responsibilities that are mine to bear and to accept and ask for ( 6 and 7) to help me achieve those responsibilities.
Thank the four elements for their gifts, time and gracing you with their presence. Begin putting out the candles counter clockwise, using your fingers to snuff out the flames, saving the white candle for last.