One of the biggest issues during awakening tends to be figuring out what you are. It can take a while or be quick. It really all just depends. Either way is not wrong. A lot of times people go with what they like, or take a few of the issues they are going through and slap a label on it. They do not look deeper, or really search it out.
This tends to lead to a lot of the vampires or wolves or otherkin to mistake themselves as one way or the other but later figure out what they really are after sometime. Nothing wrong with being wrong and eventually figuring it out. Everyone likes to know what they are from the get go to help give them a footing, or stabilization. It’s natural to want to do so. But it requires patience and time and searching to truly find the answer.
Here are some tips to help one on their awakening journey in figuring out what they are.
- Read up on not just one thing, but on many many things. See the similarities and differences. You may need blood but also feel like a bestial creature. This leads to one thinking they are vamp/therian a lot of the times. However they could simply be a blood vampire who is more of a bestial nature. As noted in The Beast Article.
- Of course it is not simply reading everything. But quality content and figuring out what to read is a big step. Things written by folks well known or knowledgeable in the community. Folks who have been around awhile and are not out to attack others or harm the community are good places to start. There are primers on this site to help in some areas, as well as other places around the net one can find using google. Of course not everything you read will be true and all should be thought on and not simply taken at face value.
- Meditation is another must for one trying to figure out what they really are. Not only does it help you in finding yourself, it has many many benefits in all manners of life as well. A simply meditation exercise I personally like is using breathing. Take slow inhales, hold it a few seconds, then exhale it all out slowly. Focusing simply on the breathing for about 5-10 minutes at a time. You will lose focus constantly at the start, however remember: every .01 second you focused is a growth. It may not be as fast as you want, but it is true progress. So do not give up or get frustrated. This can take months or even over a year depending on the person.
- Using mirrors as part of your meditation is very helpful in figuring out somethings about yourself.
- Learning how to find your totem is also useful as it is quite commonplace for many folks to confuse one’s totem for something as well.
- Another thing is form and energy. A lot of people get hung up on their forms rather than the energy of who and what they are. Somethings can seem like other things in form so it is not the most reliable thing in the world to go on.
These tips are meant to help you gain more knowledge and be able to find, and really know what the truth is about what you are. We here hope it helps and eases in learning and figuring out ones true nature. 🙂