So you are different, and want to tell a friend, family member, or new romantic interest huh? It can be hard and difficult. Will they laugh at you, make fun of you, think you are crazy? Tons of negatives can happen. Before you come out to people decide if you really need to. Yes, if you are in a relationship I think it should be done. That’s just my personal take of course. But outside of a relationship who else really needs to know?
I’ve personally found it easier to just kind of drop hints to see what reaction you will get to decide if you should tell them or not. Normally dropping hints or saying “Hey I seen something on these people who drink blood or believe they are animals,” and seeing how they respond will be a good indicator of how it will go and if you should tell them or not.
Some steps I think one should think on and use are:
- Realize you are indeed making a brave choice. Yes, being open and true to yourself is a much happier way to live. However not everyone will accept or respect you.
- Be Prepared for how folks may react. Ready to answer questions with real good information.
- Choose who you come out to wisely. Normally a trusted close friend or relative or significant other is a good start.
- Choose how you will tell them wisely. Dropping hints or just bluntly saying it in a serious conversation.
- Be wise about it all and where you live and what you may face. Make sure your safety is already taken care of.
- Always be proud of who you are and never ashamed.
It can be hard to come out of the coffin, the forest, the night, or any other way one wants to word it. However it is in truth simply at the end of the day about you being true to yourself and proud of yourself. Never be any other way or allow any to make you lie to yourself or be ashamed of yourself.